This sounds yummy! And I love paninis! I cut the recipe in half below, and I think I would probably cut down on the amount of olive oil and eliminate the celery and egg.
Tangy Tuna Panini, courtesy of Everyday with Rachael Ray, April 2009, p. 40.
6 oz. cans tuna packed in oil, drained
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Grated peel of 1/2 lemon, plus juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 rib celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Salt and pepper
4 slices country bread
8 pepperoncini, halved lengthwise
2 large eggs
1. Preheat panini press. In a medium bowl, flake the tuna. Stir in 1/2 the olive oil, the lemon peel, lemon juice, onion, celery and sun-dried tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
2. Brush each slice of bread on one side with olive oil and place oiled side down on a work surface. Divide the tuna salad among two slices, making a well in the center. Top the tuna salad with the pepperoncini.
3. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and fry the eggs until egg whites set. Set eggs on top of the tuna and pepperoncini. Set the remaining bread slices in place, oiled side up.
4. Grill the sandwiches in the press until bread is crisp and golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment