Thursday, May 23, 2019

Zucchini and Summer Squash Gratin

I halve this if it is just two or three eating it, but full recipe would be good for a party.

1-3 small zucchini, sliced
1-3 small yellow summer squash, sliced
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups half and half, amount depends on number of squash
1 T flour
1/2-1 t garlic powder
1 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, divided. I used the full amount when I halved it, so use more if using full recipe
1 T butter, melted
1/2 cup Pank breadcrumbs

1. Prepare oven to 350

2. In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.

3. Add squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir and coat with oil.

4. Stir frequently for about 10 minutes.

 5. Add half and half and flour. Stir to mix well and heat until thickened, about 3-4 min.

6. Add garlic powder and 1 cup Parmesan. Stir and remove from heat.

7. Combine the remaining Parmesan with melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of squash.

8. Bake in pot or a glass pan for ten minutes. Broil for a couple minutes if not brown enough.

No comments: