Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thai Chicken Fettuccine

I didn't make this one up but not sure how to link to the original recipe. I found it at a farmer's market on Amelia Island, FL. It rocked, so whoever created it, props! I used fresh Roasted Red Pepper Papperelle, but any kind of pasta will work.

Thai Chicken Fettuccine

Cooked fettucine
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons orange juice (I used freshly squeezed)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
3/4 pound boneless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper and sliced into strips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 sweet red pepper, julienned
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. For sauce, combine salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Cover and microwave for 1 minute.

2. Cook fettucine. Duh.

3. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add red pepper and cook until crisp-tender.

4. Plate fettucine and top with chicken/pepper mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.

No comments: