As always, I can't claim credit for this recipe. My aunt gave it to me. She pulled it out of a magazine, but I don't know which one... When and if I find out who to credit, I will.
Spinach-Apple Salad With Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
Sugared Curried Pecans
1 6-oz. package pecan halves
2 T. butter, melted
3 T. sugar
1/4 t. ground ginger
1/8 t. curry powder
1/8 t. kosher salt
1/8 t. ground red pepper
Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 T. pure maple syrup
1 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. pepper
2/3 cup olive oil
Salad
1 package fresh baby spinach
1 Gala apple, thinly sliced
1 small rd onion, thinly sliced
1 4-0z package crumbled goat cheese
1. Prepare Pecans: Preheat oven to 350 degres. Toss pecans in butter. Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; add pecans, tossing to coat. Spread in a sngle layer ina nonstick aluminum foil-lined pan. Bake 10-13 min. or until lightly browned and toasted. Cool in pan on a wir rack 20 minutes; separate pecans witha fork.
2. Prepare vinaigrette: Whisk together cider vinegar and nxt 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended.
3. Prepare salad: Combine spinach and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of Maple-Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve salad with any rmaining vinaigrette.
No comments:
Post a Comment