I made these last week and told the kids we were having French Dips. They crinkled up their face and refused to eat. The next day, I asked Ray what she wanted for dinner because she was going to be home for the first time in awhile. She said, "Something savory. Like, roast beef."
I was driving and almost slammed into the car in front of me. "You know we had roast beef last night, right?"
"French Dips are Roast Beef? Why didn't you tell me that? I would have eaten it!"
So that night we had the rest of the French Dip and both kids cleaned their plate. From now on, we are having roast beef...
3 lb chuck roast
Montreal Seasoning
Canola oil
Salt and Pepper
1 cup beef broth + more
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 can beer (preferably dark but use something flavorful)
Rosemary
Thyme
Garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, sliced thickly
Hoagie Rolls
Butter
Sliced Provolone Cheese
1. Heat oil in pan. Season roast with Montreal Seasoning or just salt and pepper. Sear on each side for 3-5 minutes. Place in slow cooker.
2. Cover roast with Beef broth through onion. Cover and cook for 6 hours in slow cooker.
3. When roast is finished, remove from slow cooker and shred. Place back in juice to keep warm.
4. Butter inside the rolls and lightly grill in pan. Place shredded beef in grilled roll and cover with sliced cheese. Place under broiler until melted.
No comments:
Post a Comment