Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Zucchini Casserole

My Aunt Mary made this at her Thanksgiving dinner 2010 - I am making it at every special meal from here on out! I'm typing it up as the recipe was given to me as of today, I'll edit it once I figure it out...

Zucchini Casserole

4 small zucchinis, grated (approximately 4 cups) (Recipe actually says "4 cups small diced zucchini", my aunt said she added more, and she grated it, which we liked, so I'm guessing here)

1 cup Bisquick

1 medium onion, diced

Sea salt and freshly ground pepper

1 teaspoon of garlic salt

1.8 oz. package of mozzarella cheese (recipe doesn't say, but I'm assuming shredded? And, do they sell 1.8 packages of cheese?)

3 eggs

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix zucchini through mozzarella cheese and place in an appropriately sized casserole dish (13 x9, definitely a medium sized one).

3. Beat the eggs and add the oil. Pour over the zucchini and cheese mixture.

4. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and let stand 5 minutes.

No comments: