Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread and Lemon Curd Trifle with Blackberry Sauce

I make this for the holidays, and its a popular entry to all the pot lucks during that time...

Gingerbread and Lemon Curd Trifle with Blackberry Sauce
(Recipe credit: Bobby Flay, Foodnetwork.com)

For the Lemon Curd Filling
2 (11-oz) jars prepared lemon curd
2 cups heavy cream, sweetened with sugar and vanilla, beaten to soft peaks

Place lemon curd in a large bowl. Fold in half of the whipped cream until combined. Reserve remaining whipped cream for the top of the trifle.

For the Blackberry Sauce
2 pints fresh blackberries or 1 bag frozen blackberries, thawed
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch salt
2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice

Place blackberries, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and cook until the berries are soft and the sugar has melted. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour through a strainer into a bowl. Stir in the framboise and lemon juice.

For the Gingerbread
Well, I could make my own, but I don't bake. So I just buy a premade one.

To assemble
In a trifle bowl, start with an even layer of gingerbread cubes, top with 1/3 of the lemon curd mixture, and 1/3 of the blackberry sauce. Repeat 2 more times. Top with remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.

No comments: