I like to cook this lasagna in two loaf pans. I freeze one, and the one that I cook is enough to feed all four of us.
1 big container of ricotta cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 package of frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, whites only
2 bottles marinera sauce (I like 1 jar spicy red pepper, 1 jar tomato and basil)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
8 pieces Barilla no cook lasagna noodles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix ricotta cheese and next 7 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl.
3. Mix the two bottles of sauce in another large bowl.
4. Put a thin layer of sauce at the bottom of the pan.
5. Place a layer of the lasagna noodles.
6. Layer the ricotta cheese mixture and then the mozzarella cheese.
7. Place a layer of sauce.
8. Repeat for a few layers.
9. Last layer should be the noodle, with a layer of sauce.
10. Cover and place in oven. Cook at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
11. Uncover and put another layer of mozzarella cheese.
12. Put in oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until desired cheesy meltiness.
***FYI: I never use the full amount of ricotta cheese mixture or the marinera sauce. I only use the amount that I think is necessary, which is usually aboout 3/4 of the mixture/sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment